"Dr. Gurpreet Dhaliwal, 39, a self-effacing associate professor of clinical medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, is considered one of the most skillful clinical diagnosticians in practice today… At work he occasionally uses a diagnostic checklist program called Isabel, just to make certain he hasn’t forgotten something….Yet diagnostic software has been slow to make its way into clinical settings, and Dr. Dhaliwal, who uses Isabel as a “second check,” said he could understand why."
- New York Times, Dec 3rd 2012
"A patient presented with arthralgias and diarrhea. He had been seen at other clinics and not diagnosed. I used Isabel and Yersinia Enterocolitica was one of the top diagnoses, a diagnosis I would not have come up with on my own. I felt certain after reviewing the data, his symptoms and prior studies that this is what the patient had. The patient was satisfied with the diagnosis and confident in his prognosis. I use Isabel quite frequently during my patient visits when I am presented with a new diagnostic decision. I open up the interface while I am talking to the patient. I explain what I am doing and what the program does, enter the data, and then discuss the diagnostic suggestions that are presented by Isabel. I find that my patients accept this very well and think of it as "high tech", they seem generally pleased that I am putting so much consideration into an accurate diagnosis."
- Lawrence Sprecher MD, Midelfort Clinic, Mayo Health System's Luther Midelfort, Eau Claire, WI
"Thanks again for Isabel..I made the diagnosis of X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets as soon as I logged on! Isabel has saved me and a few patients a lot of woe...helped me diagnose Ciguatera poisoning outbreak!"
- Bob Eanett MD, Watson Clinic, Lakeland, FL
"A patient was seen recently at our facility. Necrotizing Fasciitis was not considered as a serious possibility. The surgeon used Isabel and then went back to the patient and decided to take him to the OR. Surgery not just confirmed the diagnosis but allowed the early debridement. Isabel probably saved this patient's life."
- Terrance R. Borman MD, Medical Director, Mayo Health System's Luther Midelfort, Eau Claire, WI
"[Isabel] mines textbooks and journal articles…not only suggest possible diagnoses but link to helpful resources and references."
- Robert M. Wachter MD, Professor and Associate Chairman, Dept. of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco. Chief of the Medical Service UCSF Medical Center. In Understanding Patient Safety - IT Solutions for Improving Diagnostic Accuracy. Published by McGraw-Hill Medical